What is a ‘lost pines’ resort?
A “lost pine” resort that opened in June 2018 has been shut down by the state of Florida after an employee was found dead inside.
A man was found unresponsive at the site of the resort at 12:55 a.m. on June 10, 2018, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement was called to the scene, where the man was pronounced dead.
Authorities have not said what led to the death of the man, who had been employed at the resort since November.
A spokesman for the company, which has offices in Florida and Hawaii, told ABC News that the worker was “a talented and caring employee.”ABC News’ Mike Hebert contributed to this report.